Thursday, January 5, 2012

unencumbered river (random thoughts and constatations, stream-of-consciousness)

I don't like being around inebriated people. It makes me feel ashamed for them when I see how some of them behave when they're drunk. I find it embarrassing (vomiting, not being able to walk, talking gibberish, being aggressive, passing out, wetting one's pants, smelling of urine/pee). Like for instance laughing at their own stories while telling them while most of the other people who are present don't find them funny at all but much rather nonsensical.
(some people might say that I'm too tense and uptight and that I ought to relax, self-control, I don't have to be serious all the time but I don't need alcohol to have fun and enjoy myself) I like to be aware of what I'm doing. conscious, in control,

in 2010 a guy from New Zealand said to me "you're straight-edge" - I wasn't familiar with the term before and I don't like being labeled

One summer night in 2009, I walked by a beach club. The terrace and the sandy beach in front of it were crowded with young men and women who were dancing (= standing there or rarely moving their feet and their upper bodies and arms) to very loud club music ("Sexy Bitch" and "I know you want me" was played very often that summer). There were lots of beautiful girls in short and expensive looking dresses and high heels. I noticed one blonde girl who was standing alone on the beach 20 meters away from the crowd. She abruptly leaned forward and puked in the sand. She looked lost, miserable, unhappy and most of all empty. No one of her friends was there for her to assist her and to hold her head for example like Miranda did with Carrie in a scene in the series SATC. Other people saw her as well but they didn't seem to care at all which made me wonder whether they are always so indifferent, selfish, alienated and uncaring or whether they were "just" high.

No comments:

Post a Comment