Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Is she or isn't she at least bi?

How can you know? Many women claim to be straight even though they're not. If a woman tells me that she's only interested in men I respect that even when I find it hard to believe. I would never say something like "but I saw how you ogled the hot waitress" to her. (Besides, women can always say/pretend that they just liked the jeans or the top that the woman they were having eye sex with was wearing.) Sometimes I find out later that I have rightfully doubted her. One of my friends told me that you cannot really be 100 % sure that a woman is attracted to women or gay until she tells you. But IMO even then you can't be sure. I've heard stories about women who have been in a lesbian relationship for several years and then break up with their partners telling them that they have never been gay (they go hasbian on them).

My gaydar/ladar/lesdar (or whatever you prefer to call it) used to suck big time but it has improved over the past few years. When it comes to femmes, it still doesn't work most of the times. Maybe it just needs stronger batteries for femmes, lipstick lesbians, girly girls etc. :-)

In my experience, two out of three women who wear silver thumb rings aren't gay.

I once asked one of my facebook friends: "if a woman wrote you 'I have the COMPLETE The L Word series in my possession and other awesome movies' would you evaluate this as an implicit coming out?". My fb friend replied something like: "lol, yes I would". Unfortunately, the lady who posseses the complete TLW series 'came out' as straight/interested in men/looking for a boyfriend a couple of weeks after her 'confession'. Even before I met her in person I assumed that she's at least bi because of the way she looked in her photos. I could say "I guess I was wrong" but I won't. I think that she's in denial.

No comments:

Post a Comment